Expert legal advice to protect the Australian Dream
Nothing beats the feeling of receiving the keys to your unit for the first time. It’s incredible that something small enough to hold in the palm of your hand can produce such powerful emotions.
Of course, the keys represent something much larger than themselves. They represent a dream.
But everybody knows that this dream can all too easily go belly up. A neighbour may be jeopardising your safety or disturbing your comfort. Your unit’s strata management service might by blocking your plans to develop your property and increase the value of your home. Other residents may be using their own body corporate lawyers to bully or belittle you.
Whatever the reason, there are times where it feels like the dream is turning into a nightmare. Before this happens, you need experienced strata lawyers in your corner.
At Carney’s, we offer expert legal services to help you navigate the complexities of home ownership and strata management. Our strata specialist lawyers are experienced in issues relating to disputes, owner’s corporations, and strata management Sydney. We also can offer legal guidance so that you can act proactively before problems arise.
As a firm, we are small by design. We pride ourselves on our ability to work closely with our clients rather than providing impersonal advice that isn’t tailored to your situation. In other words, working with Carney’s means working with a strata lawyer Sydney who is with you every step of the way.
Because we were established over fifty years ago, we know the importance of providing clear strata management guidance that gives you peace of mind.
Our experienced strata lawyers can help your strata plan or community title run smoothly and effectively. Where possible, our body corporate lawyers seek resolutions that are both amicable and give you the very best outcome by:
- Assessing, drafting, and enforcing by-laws
- Liaising with strata managers to address and solve strata issues
- Negotiating building management agreements
- Amending building / strata management statements
- Assisting with insurance issues
As the adage goes, good walls make good neighbours. When things start to break down, a Carney’s strata dispute lawyer can help you by:
- Drafting notices to comply
- Attending on strata bodies on your behalf to resolve strata disputes
- Arranging mediation and clarifying obligations
- Corresponding with tenants and strata management to settle your dispute in a timely manner
- Providing legal representation at NCAT hearings, District Court and Supreme Court proceedings
- Dealing with defamation claims or offences
Sometimes, the most rewarding opportunities are the most stressful. Strata development falls into this category. Our strata specialist lawyers make the process as stress-free as possible by giving you the confidence to take a wise course of action.
In addition to our standard strata and community title services, we can help you by:
- Assisting in conveyancing matters
- Drafting strata development documents
- Leasing and licensing assistance
- Reviewing / amending community, building and strata management statements
Whether you are an owner-occupier of your forever home, have dipped your toes in the market for the first time, or own your unit as part of a diversified portfolio, we can give you expert advice and, flowing from this, peace of mind.